8:09 AM

Being Grown Ups

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Labor Day weekend!

I'll post something fresh and fun for you either tonight or first thing tomorrow morning.

Today, hubby and I are taking care of Grown Up Stuff. We are signing our Health Care Proxies, Durable Power of Attorneys and our Living Wills. In January, I decided that we needed to get our Estate Plans in order before the close of the year.

I have seen what happens when someone dies without a Will in place. It's not pretty. And it's not cheap for those who are left to clean up the mess.

Even if you don't think you own anything of value, it's always better to have your Estate Planning documents completed. YOU get to direct what happens to your body, your children and property in the event of your "untimely demise". And since we don't come with expiration dates stamped on our bottoms, I think that none of us know the exact time we will be "no more".

It is a scary thing to write out plans for your children if you (and your spouse, if you're married) are dead. My stomach turns at the thought! But I feel comforted knowing that a plan is IN PLACE. My children will not become wards of the state or some strange custody battle. Why? Because I handled my business ahead of time. Because I pushed past my fear to do what I needed to do.

Bite the bullet and make this happen, ladies.

For those of us with "control" issues...it's a super fun experience! You get to boss everyone around on paper! And they MUST do what you say.

Love It!

P.S. Happy Birthday to my BF Alina and my other sistah Lady Scott. I love you both like I love chocolate!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment