10:48 AM

The Last Minute

I'm sitting at the computer, procrastinating.

Just a little.

This is one of my greatest vices.

I manage it by pushing myself to meet realistic dead-lines (via Outlook, FranklinCovey, DayRunners and all that). Oh yeah, and I usually have a purse FULL of tiny "TO DO" lists.

Heh heh...




Today's issue is not that I haven't gotten anything done. I suppose it's the amount of time I've lingered on each task...and the 'extra' two projects project I added last minute.

Over the years, I've learned that procrastination is an accessory of perfectionism, which is usually the dress my fear likes to wear.

Yeah, I tend to think that "perfectionism" is just a fancy way of saying, "I'm scared to screw things up!"

And I don't want to mess things up, I want them just right. So I get scared to try. Because I'M not perfect. And that fear alone can keep me stuck in one place.

IF I LET IT.

So...I guess I'd better face the final "TO DO" list of the day.

And remind myself that:

What I'm doing doesn't have to be perfect to bless someone else.

What I bring to the table is enough.

Fear has NO PLACE living where my FAITH resides.

If I don't do it now I'll be late for church.

0 comments:

Post a Comment