12:21 PM

Slightly Damaged Goods

My favorite blogger, the Nester has a saying worth repeating (and I repeat it many times a day) "It Doesn't Have to Be Perfect to Be Beautiful."

Is that the most liberating statement or what??


And today, as I was scribbling out some decor ideas for the apartment, I thought to myself:

"This will be great. It's not perfect, but it's beautiful. And you know what? So am I. I don't have to be perfect to be beautiful."

So I say this to you as well:

Let your aspirations of perfection go, please? When you embrace your beautiful imperfections it puts everyone else at ease.

I don't have to be perfect to be beautiful.

(And thank God for that)

Try saying that to yourself a few times a day...and go a little easier on yourself.

javascript:void(0)

(I sooo heart the Nester. Sheesh.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a good way to look at relationships/marriages. "It doesn't have to be Perfect to be Beautiful". Real life relationships/marriages are bound to have differences, ups and downs and dissagreements. Anything other than that is a mask for Perfection. A show for everyone else to believe. No relationship/marriage has to be Perfect to be Beautiful. Real is Beautiful ~ Fantasy is Perfect.

LadyScott said...

This is liberating for most perfectionist or at least us that are attempting to attain what we our view of perfection is. For me, I want every area of my life to work the way I want it to work and if it doesn't then I feel like a failure. Pretty sad, but true. LCGreen thanks for shedding light on this. I am making a decision to quote "It doesn't have to be Perfect to be Beautiful

Post a Comment