5:48 AM

Need Some Cover Up?

Okay, I'll be honest.

I haven't just been looking for a new cell phone (which I did find last week BTW).   I've been a little distracted trying to tidy up the last few areas of my house as we prepare for the latest development with our church:

SMALL GROUP MEETINGS!

We are so excited to finally have a Bible study that is family-friendly and doesn't take all night. These meetings (held twice a month) are going to be an awesome time of getting to know one another & learning how to better apply God's word to our lives. I can't wait!

So if you were expecting a few random folks in your house, you'd clean up too, right??

I'm not going crazy to impress anybody. That's for one. But this is a great chance for me to simplify the "hot spots" that seem to attract clutter in my house.

Using a method I got from the Nester (of course):

She calls this little thing here a FANCY MISTREATMENT. Room "treatments" are usually expensive displays of fabric. But a "mistreatment" is a lovely display that was cheap and easy to do.  Look closely ---all that's under this pretty skirt is a boring storage frame!

Do you see where I'm going with this kids...?
Stay with me.


I wasn't smart enough to take a "before" pic. But my tv stand is filled with equipment and all sorts of things that kids would love to pull & toss. So...in an effort to be proactive and classy, I bought some fabric and some hot glue sticks.

Nester does a great show of how this works. These next three pictures are from her blog:






My kinda girl. See all that junk? We ALL have it somewhere.
We all manage it differently.

And so you don't think I'm the only person stalking The Nester, ANOTHER blogger named, Mandie did a table similar to this too -- her tutorial is awesome, look here!






How cute is this business??


So MY table looks like this -- simple and it does the trick!



Not bad for a first try, huh? :) It's nothing fancy, but it works.  It took me about 2 hours because I hate math & measuring things. So I just eyeballed most of it. 
(After stepping back now, I'm reminded that I have to get rid of that annoying CD tower in the background.)

And so you know I don't have everything "just so"...here's a peek at the clutter underneath...




Yeah, yeah. So what? One day, when I have time, I'll get to organizing all that. For now, let's rest on this pretty fabric...


Ahhh....feels like home. I wish my little pleats showed up better on camera, but they are sweet in person!

Listen, if the Lord is smart enough to work on ME one area at a time, then  I should take a hint and work on my house the same way.  Bring in the solution, step back -- appreciate how good it looks. Then move on to what comes next. That way, I don't feel so overwhelmed with what's still wrong. I can study what's right.

I think I like this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment