6:22 AM

How To Save Your Family


Anyone who knows me knows how much I love listening to the radio program "Focus on the Family" with Dr. James Dobson.

He is The Man!!




I can remember riding around in the car with my parents as a little girl, listening to the show. I learned a lot about what a healthy family should look like from that ministry. God bless that man & his family!

To this day, I listen almost daily to the program on 590 AM (it comes on twice each day).

I can't tell you how many times I've listened to the show, driving to work with tears streaming down my face (in a good way). I've laughed, I've cried and I've learned. One day, I hope to visit the headquarters in Colorado. It's probably a pipe dream for me to wish to meet Dr. Dobson, but I could site & listen to him for hours.

Daydream over!!

Earlier this week, Dr. Dobson had a guest on the show named, Rebecca Hagelin (former VP of the Heritage Foundation). She is an amazing woman who served well in the professional world & now serves at home and through a website called How To Save Your Family.  You can take a listen to her on the show by using the links below:


Day 1 - http://listen.family.org/daily/A000002306.cfm

Day 2 - http://listen.family.org/daily/A000002307.cfm
 
Rebecca has recently written a book called "30 days/30 ways to Save Your Family". It might sound cheesy, but her thought process is realistic and up-to-date with the times. Look at her cute little family:




Anyhoo, if you visit her website you can sign up to receive her weekly e-newsletter.  Each Wednesday, she sends out Godly parenting tips on how to communicate your faith and values with your children.

I received my first one & it's really good.  She discussed Carrie Prejean and the current state of young women in today's culture.

You should sign up too!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment