6:09 AM

Just a Bunch of Bad Girls


I love my church. Have I said that lately? Rhema Fellowship Church (aka "RFC") is the church started by my family and two others this year.

We've been busy planning for 2010 and one of my favorite new things is the Women's Bible Study we're beginning in January! G'yeah!! It's like a Sunday Morning Book Club (Hmm....that might be a great name, actually! What do you think?)

Almost two years ago, I started a little Book Club out of my home. I was hungry for a chance to meet with women of faith & talk & learn something!  My heart ached for it much like it aches for it now!

So, I invited a few friends & that Book Club became one of the richest joys I've ever experienced. I think there were about six of us who met once each month to discuss the books we read. The Lord met us in those little meetings and changed us all.


Now, to have the opportunity to do something similar in my own church is...is...well, it's indescribable, actually.

We're going to read a book called, "Bad Girls of the Bible: And What We Can Learn From Them" by Liz Curtis Higgs.

Ever heard of it??





Liz is a funny and inspiring writer. 

I'll be spending the last weeks of 2009 studying, praying & preparing to lead the class. Some people love the wonder of sunsets. Some love to see children being born.  I love seeing people grow.  New life within a life is amazing to me. When God suddenly becomes relevant to a person, it is a life-changing, destiny-altering experience.

((I'm rambling a bit, but I want you to know how excited I am to share this with you!))

I realize that for various reasons, not all of you can attend each of our 10 week sessions on Sunday mornings.

For you, we'll post discussion notes HERE on the blog.  You can comment, ask questions and stay connected that way. Sound good?? That way, no one is left out!

If you purchase the book on your own, you can read along with us: ONE CHAPTER EACH WEEK BEGINNING JANUARY 3, 2010.






As you read, I encourage you to buy a journal to keep with you as you read. Write down anything that strikes you personally in the book.  Anything that really makes you think!  I also encourage you to read with a pen or highlighter to underline, make notes in the margins & flag insightful points.  Doing so makes reading the book more of a STUDY so it can STICK in your mind.

Winter is always a great time to snuggle up with a great book & do some soul searching.  Give up one television program each week to do this study with us.  It will change your life forever. I promise!

4 comments:

Carmela said...

I am soo excited too!! I used to love those times we gathered at your house to talk about the book and to be in fellowship with other Christian women!! I am soo very glad we will have this at RFC!!
Thank you for taking the time out of you're crazy schedule to do this for us!
Love you!

LCGreen said...

Aww, I love you too! I am GEEKED about it all. We are gonna have a blessed time, man :)

Poochie said...

I can't wait to get started on my reading...so have my book for me THIS Sunday.

You are an amazing woman. I am so so so blessed with your light in my life.

LCGreen said...

I will have your book ready!

I'm not so amazing. More like "hungry" for the Word and FUN at the same time. So you can call me "Hungry" :) Heehee

Are you coming to ReGroup tonight?

Post a Comment